Soccer is a physically demanding sport that stresses the soccer athlete in unique ways. Through our years of experience working with soccer athletes ranging from club to national levels and specialized certification from FIFA for soccer-specific rehab, we understand that soccer athletes require specialized treatment, injury rehabilitation and training.
Our therapy team, consisting of physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage therapy and strength & conditioning specialists, works collaboratively to deliver elite-level therapy to soccer athletes. We utilize the latest technology, use evidence-based techniques and create open lines of communication with athletes, coaches and parents to ensure a safe return to play while working to reduce the risk of re-injury.
Therapies that may be included in your treatment plan:
- Laser therapy to help the healing process of acute injuries
- Shockwave Therapy to help improve blood flow and minimize scar tissue
- Graston Technique and Active Release Technique to help reduce soft tissue tension
- Deep Oscilation to help reduce swelling
- RockTape kinesiology taping to help with injury recovery and performance
- Individualized rehabilitative exercise program to correct imbalances or restrictions designed to reduce the risk of injury
- Sport Massage to help with pain and tension related to sport
Marcello’s position as the head of the Physiotherapy Department for the Costa Rican National Soccer Team allowed him to treat and rehabilitate many elite level soccer players. He is FIFA certified in the prevention of injuries in soccer players.
Jeff has many years experience working on the sidelines and in the clinic with soccer athletes of all ages and levels. He is excited to bring this experience to the Okanagan FC and all soccer athletes in the Okanagan.
Jayson is a member of the Canadian Sport Massage Therapy Association which has provided him with the education and experience to help athletes of all ages and levels with injury recovery and injury prevention.